Our carefully planned curriculum is tailored to the needs of the individual child allowing every child to progress successfully through the Early Years Foundation Stage and foster a love of learning.
Through skilful observation and assessment, well planned activities and opportunities the staff encourage children to gain pre-school skills with the minimum of pressure and lots of fun.
A balance of child initiated and adult led activities encourages the children to discover a wide range of subjects through play and exploration and prepares them to progress confidently onto the next stage of their learning.
At Doodle Kids, we aim to provide a challenging and enjoyable environment where staff support children’s learning and look for ways to extend their knowledge and interests. We use open ended questioning to promote active learning and critical thinking, increasing the ability of children to offer appropriate responses and extend their own learning.
The curriculum of the Early Years Foundation Stage underpins all future learning by promoting and developing three prime and four specific areas.
– Personal, Social and Emotional Development : We provide children with experiences and support which will help them to develop a positive attitude about themselves, sense of respect for others and refined social skills.
– Physical Development : The physical development of children is also focused by keeping them active with an aim to improve their gross motor skills, fine motor skills, coordination, control, manipulation and movement.
– Communication and Language : Children’s learning ability and competence in listening, communicating and public speaking is constantly enhanced through various activities.
– Literacy Development : Children’s learning and competence in beginning to read and write is constantly supported and extended.
– Mathematical Development : We develop children’s understanding of Maths in a broad range of contexts in which they can explore, enjoy, practise and express their learnings.
– Understanding the world : We support children in understanding the world by using a range of tools and techniques safely; interacting with people, plants and objects in a natural environment; undertake practical experiments and activities with a range of materials.
– Expressive Arts and Design : Children’s creativity is developed by enhancing their curiosity, exploration and understanding. Our learners are provided with opportunities to explore and share their thoughts, ideas and feelings, through a variety of art, music, dance, imagination and role-play activities, design and technology.
These areas are underpinned by the characteristics of learning – these are the way in which your child engages with other people and their environment and they support your child in becoming an effective and motivated learner.
– Playing and Exploring
– Active Learning
– Creating and Thinking Critically